To be a successful entrepreneur, you must have the right attitude. If you are used to constantly using negative words in your vocabulary, then you must be struggling with the “busy entrepreneur syndrome” or the “excuse entrepreneur syndrome.” In order to overcome the syndrome and to be successful, you have to eliminate the following words from your vocabulary. Not only it will help you succeed, you will begin to see positive changes in your lifestyle – showing positive attitude towards everything. Who knows, all of a sudden you may find a few extra hours for blogging or to work on a new startup. You should be on the lookout for negative words in your vocabulary so you can try to eliminate them. Here is a list to get you started.
- Umm…Uh… – finish you sentences properly and know what you are talking about. Have your elevator pitch worked out before you approach someone.
- I can’t – Stop saying I can’t do this or that, and start saying that “I can” do this.
- I am not the best – well you may not be but this isn’t something you want to share with your clients or readers? You should avoid these words and start saying that “I am the best” and go for it.
- If Only – blah blah blah… stop making excuses. Replace this with “I will” do this or “I will” succeed. Then only you can win and succeed with your goals.
- I don’t think – well I am sure you know more than many others. Use the words “I know” instead of “I don’t think.”
- I don’t know – demonstrate to others that you know what you are talking about. Use the words “I do know…”
- I have no idea – well why would you even say that. You have to show confident and positive attitude. These words will not help you. You must show that you know what you are doing – “I can get that done”.
- I don’t have the time – well who does? If you don’t have the time, then you shouldn’t start something. Should you? Well stop using those words and focus on saying, “I will make time.”
- Maybe – everyone should eliminate this word! This word is the path to many failures. This is for people who can’t make a commitment. Start using the words “Yes” or “No” and be honest with yourself and your audience.
- Never – Many entrepreneurs say “I will never succeed” so I am giving up… well don’t give up and drop this word from your vocabulary.
- I’m Afraid – well don’t be afraid to try something. Be confident – say “I am confident…”
- I don’t believe – you don’t believe what? Well be sure about it and say it – “I am sure…”
- wasted – Nothing should be a waste when you are an entrepreneur. You gain from your experience and your failures.
- I will fail – if you think you will fail, then why do you start and waste your time and money. If you really want to succeed, believe that you will and start saying that you will succeed in conversation with your friends and family members.
- I am struggling – so is everyone else. So stop saying that. You are trying to build your authority and gain your audience to be successful. Start saying something like “I am enjoying the challenge…”
- I wish – well don’t we all wish that we are Darren Rowse @ Problogger.net, Mark Zuckerberg @ Facebook.com or even Bill Gates @ Microsoft? Just don’t wish, go for it and lead the way to success. Only if you try, then you will know.
- It is not fair – you are not showing leadership by using these words. Be happy with what you got and start saying “I am happy with what I have…”
- I can’t make up my mind – successful people know how to make decision. You need to decide and move on. Otherwise you will end up stalling and wasting your time.
- That is too risky – well everyone has different levels of tolerance for risk. You need to find your risk level and to be successful in this environment, take a step further.
- It can wait for tomorrow – yes there could be a tomorrow but today only lasts for 24 hours. Plan your day properly and stop procrastinating. Have a plan and implement it and you will be successful.
- It is not working for me – instead of saying that, if it truly is not working out, then move on to something new.
Success really comes from within your mind. You really need to make yourself the CEO of the new startup and stay positive. Positive attitude will always return positive results – in other words success for your new ventures.
Remember these words are just to get you started. There must be more. Hence feel free to share them here in your comments. Pass this on to your friends and co-workers as well. Everyone can be successful in life if they start thinking positively..