Twitter, a micro-blogging platform has been down for about an hour and counting this morning. Their status blog post suggests that they don’t even know the cause of it. To quote them, “Site is down – We are determining the cause and will provide an update shortly.”
There are rumours on TechCrunch that Facebook and LifeJournal is also down. Some claim they can access Facebook while others are saying they can’t. I am able to connect to Facebook.
I know many of you entrepreneurs plan days ahead to take advantage of their social networks like Twitter or elsewhere to spread your business news or your new blog postings. This has become a daily routine for all of us. However, with Twitter being down, it must be difficult to get your words out.
Here are 5 things to do while Twitter is down:
1) walk over to your colleague in the next cubicle and say hello
2) check your contact list and send an email to your old friend that you forgot due to Twitter (a friend that doesn’t use Twitter)
3) Call your Mother and check up on her
4) Work on a new blog article about your business
5) Send an email to a fellow Blogger and extend your network
You all work so hard to make your business successful but sometimes we forget to network with the ones that are closer to us. Use this opportunity to put your tools down and walk over and say hello to people you interact with in your daily lives. It is important to keep up that network as much as a social network to be successful in life.
update: Twitter is partially back up. It got DDOSed reported on TechCrunch.