Now that you are here and reading my post, I am sure your blog will not be one of them that fails. However, please don’t take this comment lightly. As everything in life, you have to work for it and you’ve got to rise above your competitions.
I will give you $100 US if you guess how many blogs are out there on the internet and how many new blogs are started on a daily basis. I would say there are millions of blogs out there and hundreds if not thousands of blogs emerge daily. Now, many of these blogs go unnoticed. No one hear about it and not many cares about it. However, many people will continue to try and they will continue to copy what others are doing. Of course, they will fail and move on because only a handful will survive to be successful.
Now, how do you become a successful blogger and how do you make sure your blog is successful? Well the number one recipe for blogs to be successful is to communicate with your audience.
You need to learn to write for your audience rather than writing for the sake of writing articles. Many people put together a WordPresss blog overnight. Then they are excited about their new blog because they too believe they will be able to make the six figure income that many bloggers enjoy.
First of all, when you start a blog, please do not dream that you are about to make a six figure income right away. If it is that easy, then every blogger will be successful. I will be honest with you. I do not make much money with my blog and I am not aiming to make a six figure from this website in the short term. As I mention in my profile, this blog is to pass my time by helping others. I am making enough to pay my bills – which is really important for sustainability. You need to make enough to maintain your blog for a long time so you can improve it on a regular basis. When you maintain it for a long time and provide value added content for your audience, you will eventually make it work…
Going back to communications, you must know your audience and you must learn to communicate with your audience from the beginning. If you don’t learn to interact with your first few visitors, there is no point in continuing your blog because you do not know how to keep those visitors on your site. Don’t forget to read my previous blog post on “getting to know your visitors.”
Blogging: How To Communicate With Your Visitors?
Now picture this. You are in a football stadium and you are one of the 30,000 visitors that day. You start screaming about your new blog and start talking about your ideas and what you have to share. The person next to you start copying you and start talking about his/her website. Imagine now that the third, the fourth and everyone else next to you start doing the same thing. Now imagine more than 30% or about 10,000 fans in the stadium start to shout about their blog and their ideas. It wouldn’t make much sense to the other 70% of the audience would it? They will probably go crazy and won’t believe any one of you. They will probably start ignoring you and they will probably never want to see you again… Well it is no different on the internet. Many people are just shouting out what they have to say instead of speaking to their audience.
Now imagine that you are still in that stadium and the game won’t be over for another 2 hours. So you sit back and do some homework for 10 minutes. You first decide what you want to talk about and then you decide whom you want to talk to. All those 30% of the people are still shouting but you decided to talk directly to a few people around you and start offering them some assistance. They are now engaged. They are listening to you. They want to provide you with some feedback and contribute to your success. Now few people about 50 feet from you see a group gathering around you, so they make their way over to you… your fans are just growing because you are building a momentum and you are not just speaking, you are speaking to those people around you… before you know it, you will have hundreds of people around you compared to your counterparts who continues to shout without any results.
Well in the blogging world, this scenario holds. You will have to understand your business and then you need to know what you are offering to people. Once you have figured this out, try to leverage it by working with your audience. Talk to them individually or as a group. Gain an audience at a time and eventually you will be successful.
I would love to get your feedback on this story. I would love to know how you are doing with your blog (if you are a blogger). I would like to share your stories with my readers. Thank you in advance.