Top Ten Time Management Videos You MUST Watch

I am sure all of you know how important time management is for your success. Lately I have been doing a lot of research on time management to make my life a little bit easier. I had my first baby on August 6th and life hasn’t been the same since. I needed to prioritize my tasks and activities so I can spend more time with my family and not lose sight of what I have worked on all these days.

Hence I needed to do something about it because we all know there is only a finite amount of time. We can’t make new time. Time is not a renewable resource. Once used, it is gone forever. Don’t waste it. We need to learn to manage the time we got. Yes we only have 168 hours a week. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Nelson Mandela, President Barack Obama and other prominent people have only 168 hours in a week as well. Ghandi, Albert Einstein and Mother Teresa all had 168 hours in a week to do what they have achieved in life.

Now if these people can all do so much with the same amount of time that you and I have, why can’t we all do it. Well this is where time management plays a crucial role.

We all tend to spend so much time on small or irrelevant things more than things that are of priority. BUT how would you know what is a priority if you don’t sit down and figure it out?

So basically time management is a set of principles, tools, skills and systems that will help you use your time effectively. It will help you prioritize things so you can achieve your goals and mission. It will at all times tell you what is the number one priority for you and how much time you should be allocating for that priority.

Listed below are 10 Youtube videos that I’ve seen over the last two weeks. I believe these videos will help you tremendously. Without me repeating what all of them will tell you, why don’t you go ahead and take a look at them for yourself.

Randy is no more. Which is very sad because he has influenced a lot of people in his time. Don’t wait and regret later. Prioritize and work on them today so you feel fulfilled.

I really like the 4 quadrant model Darryl Cross explains here. I am following this model at the moment. It was originally explained by Stephen Cavey.

Learn about the 80/20 rule. If you make a list of 10 things you need to do everyday, two items on that list will be more important than any other items on that list. You just need to make sure you accomplish the two items that day. When was the last time you had to eat a live frog?

Once you’ve wasted your time, you will never get it back… careful how you spend it. It is a non-renewable resource. Spend it wisely.

Are you a poor time manager? Well check this video to find out if you are a poor time manager.

Great tips by Carol Bentley. She makes you understand what a “to do list” is and how to take advantage of it.

Time management go hand in hand with a set of principles. This video is a five minute version of Stephen Covey’s “the 7 habits of highly effective people.” If you haven’t read this book, I suggest you do. It will change your life.

What do you think? Is time management urgent or important?

Great video for a reality check. How well do you manage yourself? It doesn’t matter how much time you on your hand, if you don’t know how to manage yourself first.

and finally, you have to watch this video and listen to Steve Jobs. Ask yourself every morning, if you would do what you are about to do, if today is your last day…

Now I started with Randy on the first video and I ended the list with Steve on the last video. Randy and Steve explains the importance of time when you are truly running out of it – at the end of life. Watch these videos, so you will understand the value of every minute you have today.

There are ton of other videos out there. They will all say the same thing in different form or shape. You need understand yourself and you need to begin to take control of yourself.

I would love to hear your thoughts on some of this. Please leave a comment. Tell us how you manage your time. Do you have a favorite tool or an application that you use?

If you enjoyed these videos and like this article, please share it with your friends as well. Use the social bookmark buttons below to share it.

I look forward to discussing this with you.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Print this article!
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Share/Save/Bookmark

Related Posts

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

James Ire September 15, 2010 at 11:11 am

This is great. Thank you for sharing this with us. This is exactly what I needed. I was wondering why I feel unproductive all the time but I am always busy. Some has to be done.

I thank you.

JI

john matthews September 15, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Hi, the videos are good.
Let me share with you this website. It has a small quiz on time management issues that reveal your personality as related to time management

Guna September 15, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Hi John, thanks for sharing it with my readers. I hope they find the quiz helpful. I will try it myself later today.

-Guna

Natascha Ljubic September 15, 2010 at 12:58 pm

That is a great set of tips to reorganize your life and to get more time back into your day. Thank you so much for spending the time to collect them all.

Natascha

Guna September 15, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Thanks Natascha. I was doing it for my own use and I thought it would benefit all of you. I will update all of you on my success of time management in a month. Thanks for coming by and I hope to see you more around here. Let me know if you need any help as well.

-Guna

Natascha Ljubic September 15, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Hi Guna, You inspired me to write a blog entry about Randy Pausch and his Video tips for time management: http://blog.wds7.com/2010/09/29-tipps-fur-mehr-zeit-am-tag
Sorry it is in German. Maybe you want to use the translator program on my blog. Basically it is a sum up of the main points. Thank you again for finding it!
.-= Natascha Ljubic´s last blog ..29 Tipps für mehr Zeit am Tag =-.

Guna September 15, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Hi Natascha, that is wonderful. That is what it is all about. I was hoping to inspire people with the posting and get them to understand the value of time. All they have to watch is two videos from the 10 – Randy’s and Steve Jobs. It will sum up everything about life and time.

Thank you for linking back to my site. I appreciate it. I have retweeted your post.

Look forward to seeing you more here and I will keep the translator ready when I come over to yours.

-Guna

Gil Pizano September 17, 2010 at 8:36 pm

This is really good information Natascha! Thank you for taking the time to put these together into one post. I will certain be point my friends toward this!

Best Regards and Take Care,

Gil
.-= Gil Pizano´s last blog ..If You’re Not Where You Thought You’d Be at This Time in Your Career… =-.

Gil Pizano September 17, 2010 at 8:48 pm

Overall, I must say that you’ve found some really good videos Guna! It’s clear that you’ve really come across some quality information that your readers will enjoy. Both the comments as well as the post itself help people to think in more ways than we would ever without them. As I mentioned in my earlier comment here, thank you Guna for taking the time to put these videos into this article.

Best Regards and Take Care,

Gil

Ren McMahon November 16, 2010 at 12:56 am

Hi Guna,

Thank you for the great series of videos you’ve listed.
Everyday I have been feeling like I’ve underachieved that day.
Good tips to remember and to change the working habit.

Regards,
Ren

Victor June 9, 2011 at 4:57 am

Hi! Great videos! Especially I love Steve Jobs speech, I’ve seen it before. But the rest of the videos were new for me and extremely helpful.
Thank you!